QA (was: Are you rolling back to 1.0?)

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Sat Jul 9 12:52:48 EDT 2005

--On Saturday, July 09, 2005 2:04 PM +0200 Panic <panic at battlefield.no>
wrote:

> The EA "test lab" and the QA-team is OBVIOUSLY not up to the task. As
> stated from a lot of members on this list earlyer, the best way to go
> would be to release beta versinos to this list, and let the developers
> iterate with US, and not with the INCREDIBLE INCOMPETENT team over at EA.

Exactly. Epic does this with UT2004 servers. Occasionally you get some
moron on the list who rants about how he shouldn't have to test Epic's code
for them, but we quickly shoot those guys down. They don't understand how
good they have it. There are also 3 Epic employees on the list who have the
authority to answer questions and speak candidly. (One is our own Ryan
Gordon, Linux porter of the BF1942 server, and maintainer of the Linux and
Mac ports for the UT2004 server.) How I long for other publishers to follow
Epic's lead.