[bf1942] New update announced?

Jorrit Schippers jorrit at gameparty.net
Wed Jul 6 08:40:23 EDT 2005

I want to share this discovery I just made with you:

I recently installed Gamespy Arcade, in a last attempt to being able to
have an external server browser. Despite it's being delivered with the
game it doesn't support it. Instead, it displays the following message,
which could indicate that external joining will become possible in the
next patch. When I look at the changelog for 1.01, I don't think they
mean that patch, but perhaps the one after that. I hope that it will not
be a "gamespy arcade only" method of external joining.

http://www.xbw.nl/~jorrit/plaatjes/bf2/bf2_gamespy_externaljoining.gif

And besides that, why are they calling the next version both 1.01 and
1.1.2475? Shouldn't it be 1.0.1.2475.0 or something? What will the full
version be of the real 1.1 patch then?

Jorrit