[bf1942] New update announced?

Simon Garner sgarner at gameplanet.co.nz
Tue Jul 5 21:31:48 EDT 2005

On 6/07/2005 1:21 p.m., James Gurney wrote:
> http://wolfgaming.net/vB/showthread.php?t=18388
>
> Quote:
>
> "The first patch for BF2 will be available tomorrow, Wednesday the 6th
> at approximately noon PST.
> The new Linux server and Windows servers will also be available. The
> Client patch weighs in at just over 13 Megs. While the server files are
> complete re-installs."
>
> I don't see this anywhere on the official EA site, so I wonder how
> official it is. You'd think they might, oh I dunno.. tell the server
> admins about it or something..
>
> James

It's official. Some of us already have a copy... *cough*

=======================
Patch Information
=======================

- Patch v1.01

   Fixed in issue that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become
unresponsive.

   Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be
rebound within the Options menu.

   Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers.

   Fixed a problem with shader caching on client/host : after the first
   map in a rotation, shaders would be loaded on the fly during gameplay.

   Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

   Fixed a problem that caused environment mapping to not appear on
   reflective surfaces.

   Fixed a crash that happened when a client picks up a kit that doesn't
   exist anymore.

   Fixed a problem with AI when the game was paused for a long time: bots
   would become unresponsive and also shoot more accurately.

   LOD distances tweaked on certain objects.

I hope that is only the client side fixes as it makes no mention of the
end of round stats crashing or the punkbuster lag bugs. :(

-Simon