Missing event: InitiateVote(playerId,voteType)

"Einar S. Idsø" esi at itk.ntnu.no
Mon Jul 4 10:50:47 EDT 2005

In BF 1942 and BFV there was no way to see who started votes, not from
inside the game nor from server logs. Therefore, it was common to turn
off voting on many servers, so that smacktards weren't able to votespam.

It seems there is no way to figure out who is voting in BF2 either,
unfortunately. I see no events onto which we may hook (except a
VoteEvent which seems to be hidden from our use - see
http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php/Event_Reference). Would it be
possible to make such an event available to us, so at the very least we
can get a log of who starts votes (sometimes votes are used to get rid
of admins, something which can be VERY frustrating since you don't have
any way of figuring out who to kick). we could then also choose to have
text written to the screen indicating who initiated the vote, as is
common in other games.

Hope this is somehow possible. Or if it already is, please advice :)

Einar