[bf1942] Attracting Players

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Fri Jul 1 13:15:12 EDT 2005

--On Friday, July 01, 2005 1:03 PM -0400 Dave Snodgrass
<packtloss at gmail.com> wrote:

> Waiting around for silly things like a server
> that can actually play a mod, hell waiting for a server that can stay
> online sucks enough. Dates being pushed back on everything from
> release to patches to tools, to simply make them more money isnt worth
> it.

Am I the only one who remembers how long it took to get a stable BF1942
Linux server? It sure wasn't in the first week after the client was
released! UT2004's server was a pig the first week. I can't recall *any*
game servers that showed any reasonable quality on initial release. As far
as I'm concerned, we've just started the beta period and, from my
experience, we shouldn't expect something reasonable for a couple months or
more.