[bf1942] Attracting Players

Jeff Abbott fdiv_bug at email.com
Fri Jul 1 11:48:45 EDT 2005

On Jul 1, 2005, at 11:37 AM, Dax Douglass wrote:

> Many unranked servers are seeing little traffic other than clans or
> communities getting together.  Everyone is flocking to the ranked
> servers.

I've noticed this as well.  What's involved with setting up and
running a ranked server?  I believe I've got the resources to do so,
and there are (in my opinion) way too few ranked servers as it is.
The only information I've been able to find on running one is by
renting it from one of a few places -- is this how it's done?

Thanks,
Jeff
--
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask
remains a fool forever and yet appears much wiser than he who asked