[bf1942] How could DICE agree to this??

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Wed Feb 16 13:26:28 EST 2005

Well there goes the idea of rational debate. I don't agree with your
idea, so I'm "whining". Alrighty then. If you can't talk rationally
about this, I won't be replying to any further mails from you on this
subject.

I do have a better suggestion: The game should not be crippled in the
first place. That's the only acceptable solution. If you start allowing
companies to control how you use the software that you *paid for*, it
will only get worse as time goes on. What's next? You need to have a
credit card registered just to play on your own machine? How about you
need to be thumbprint authenticated to make sure you're not letting
someone else borrow your copy of the game? Your rights as a consumer are
being slowly eroded, and if you sit back and let it happen, you'll only
have yourself to blame when it reaches the point of craziness.

I applaud your desire to resolve this issue, but I don't think your idea
is going about it the right way.

James