[bf1942] Patch news ("1.2")

Lee Latham leeprivate at cgmlarson.com
Wed Dec 14 17:24:51 EST 2005

People are always reinstalling Windows and formatting their hard drives
unnecessarily, in my experience.  Back in win98 days this was a terrific
idea and solved a lot of problems.  But IMO since win2k this is vastly less
necessary or helpful, but the meme is out there and for a lot of folks it's
their attempted solution to everything.

Pretty painful these days, too.  Why on earth does XP take so long to
install?  Even the biggest Linux distro is done in a fifth the time,
finding all my hardware better, too.

Pretty sweet I guess!

lee