[bf1942] I've the BF2 ranked server binaries and now?

Jon Wolberg jon at defenderhosting.com
Thu Aug 25 15:53:32 EDT 2005

Wow......

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Pepe" <stefano.pepe at gmail.com>
To: <bf1942 at icculus.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 3:49 PM
Subject: [bf1942] I've the BF2 ranked server binaries and now?

Hello all,
finally EA sent me the BF2 ranked server binary file, that I've
promptly installed on my linux server. They asked me the IP and port
of the server too, and also here I've done all the necessary. They
told me to "wait" and my server will became "ranked" and appear with
the appropriate flag in the gamebrowser.
Now it's three days that I've put online my servers, but no ranking
flag is enabled.
Here my doubts:
- first of all I run the two game instances on the same "executable".
In other words I start two "screen" sessions with +config +pbPath and
+maplist on a specific path (/server1 and /server2), but all starts
from the same dir. I've seen that the maplist is some sort of
"hardcoded" on the ranked server, but It's not a problem now.
- the two server run on the same IP, with 16567 and 16568 game ports.
- I'm behind a firewall, and I've manually opened all the necessary
ports without issues for now.
I'm wondering if:
- I need to write "sv.ranked" (but now it gives me an error) in the console
- I need to open some sort of a tcp/udp port on the firewall
- I need to install the two servers on two separate folders
Can you help me? My "EA dude" is some sort of community manager, and
can't help me on technical informations.
Thank you :)