[bf1942] Are you using the 64-bit server much?

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Thu Aug 25 12:27:39 EDT 2005

We're using it on our servers. I didn't do any comparisons vs the 32 bit
version because I didn't see any particular problem. 2x32 player servers
(back when we had players) would hit about 40-50% of each cpu (Opteron
244's). One difference which is immediately obvious when compared with
bf1942 is that the bf2 server uses a lot less cpu when idle. The bf1942
server would hover at about 10% cpu usage with no-one on the server. BF2
is less than 2%.

James