[bf1942] Anyone have a popular non-ranked server?

Mike Swain mjswain at charter.net
Tue Aug 23 12:54:05 EDT 2005

Both the game companies and the hosting companies have the right
to act in their own best interest. The game companies obviously have
the power to decide the type and extent to which hosting companies have
access to their server side software. Hosting companies have the power
to decide whether to support the game. However, without unified action
on the part of the hosting companies, they will have no impact on the
actions of the game makers. Obviously the unified action of the gaming
community would have the most power to influence the game makers
but its way too diverse a group for much chance of success.

>>> Lee Latham<leeprivate at cgmlarson.com> 8/23/2005 11:26:31 AM >>>
Ultimately I think market forces can deal with this.  Long and short of it
is, if players cannot find a good server to play on, they will be very
unhappy with the game.

If a game company wants to monopolize the servers, that's their
business.  More power to them.  After all, this is done with MMORPG's and
such.  We have no "rights" to run their game server software.