[bf1942] [BF2] rcon map cript ... with modmanager

Christian Schwarz blacksoul at fragthe.net
Thu Aug 18 05:23:52 EDT 2005

Steven Hartland schrieb:

> That would need to be converted to a module to run with
> modmanager.
>
>    Steve / K
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian Schwarz"
> <blacksoul at fragthe.net>
>

>> a few days ago i start to use the modmanager... and since this i have
>> a problem with the "rcon map script"
>>
>> http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php/Scripts:RconMap
>>
>> the problem is that the "rcon map" no longer has function.
>>
>> Does anyone here know, what i have to do do make "rcon map" run
>> again... and please, please make a step for step manual... thanks a lot
>>
>> thanks,
>> Christian Schwarz aka BlackSoul
>>
>> P.s.: sorry for my poor english... hopefully you understand what i am
>> talking about...

> This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd.
> and the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of
> misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying,
> printing or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in
> it.
> In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission
> please telephone (023) 8024 3137
> or return the E.mail to postmaster at multiplay.co.uk.

Hi,

i know that it must be converted to a module to run in modmanager ...
but how!

things i do...
1. copy map.py to modules directory
2. modifying the modmanager.con in bf2/mods/bf2/settings
# Modules
modmanager.loadModule "mm_tk_punish"
modmanager.loadModule "mm_kicker"
modmanager.loadModule "mm_announcer"
modmanager.loadModule "mm_bf2cc"
modmanager.loadModule "mm_autobalance"
modmanager.loadModule "map"
#modmanager.loadModule "mm_reserver"

3.restart the server... going ingame loggin in with rcon
btw. here is the next strange thing ... first i become a authentication
succesfully ... and a moment a later authentication failed ... however
... the rcon has function

4. typing "rcon map dalian 16" and the message appear "command 'map' is
unkown" or similar

What i doing wrong?!

mfg
Christian aka Blacksoul

P.s.: i make the same with mm_map.py in modules dir and
modmanager.loadModule"mm_map" in mopdmanager.con ... but the result is
the same ... a errormessage appear "command 'map' unknown"