[bf1942] Voip & Ranked Servers

Christoph Nothegger bf42 at nothegger.com
Fri Aug 12 14:25:37 EDT 2005

On 12.08.2005 bf1942 at icculus.org wrote:

> I've been leasing a ranked server and they have not been able to provide
> working VOIP.
> They claim it is a problem with "shared" servers. I was just wondering
> if anyone else is having this problem. It looks like they are using the
> Linux version.
> The game is not the same without the squad comm.

There is indeed a problem, but so far it has been untrackable for us
as to what causes it. We've had the problem with 2 clients now, and I
believe Jon from ECGN also reported this issue a while back.

However, the solution would be to host a standalone VoIP server, which
eliminates the issue. Although, if your host is Linux only, this might
be problematic, since there is no VoIP server for Linux available.

Greetz,
 Christoph

--
aka JohnnyK
WOLFGaming.net - where the gameplay is teamplay