[bf1942] Choke Setting

Christoph Nothegger bf42 at nothegger.com
Sun Aug 7 07:46:19 EDT 2005

On 07.08.2005 bf1942 at icculus.org wrote:

> I'm having a similar issue with my players saying they are getting lag
> spikes on the server, and I know for sure it's not the server (bandwidth or
> cpu).  What did you change your choke setting from to?
> Mines at 512 right now and would like to give this a try too.

The choke setting should limit the overall bw the server uses, not the
bw individual users can use up. So 512 would be a little low even for
16 players.

However, I am seriously doubting that the setting works; I have not
had a chance to really monitor it, but I've seen reports in the past
that the setting those infact not work.

Greetz,
 Christoph

--
aka JohnnyK
WOLFGaming.net - where the gameplay is teamplay