[bf1942] 1.2 Patch???

Michael Ressen netadmin at michiganburbs.com
Sun Sep 26 15:44:55 EDT 2004

RW wrote:

> Shockwave wrote:
>

>> This is a common feeling expressed by many in my clan and the DC
>> community as well.  All of us couldn't wait to get Vietnam when it first
>> came out, but after our pilots tried the aircraft the notion of playing
>> the game as a team was DOA.  Desert Combat is the closest anyone has
>> come to creating aircraft that are viable but that mod is essentially
>> dead.
>

> From another POV, I found the helo's in DC to be so very difficult to
> fly, without any feel for proper steering possible, that I never tried
> played DC again. I do enjoy BF1942 because the planes act like planes.
> If you prefer flying helo's buy a flight simulator.
>
> There are always two sides to an issue, but 'the community' is such a
> lovely abused statement. I remember 8000 signatures would represent
> 'the whole community' when in fact millions of copies of said game was
> sold...
>
> My 0.02
>
> Edwin

After playing SWBF and flying/driving the vehicles there, I have a whole
new appreciation for BF1942 and the job well done with vehicle control
and movement.    I'll have to wait and see how the changes play out with
the new patch - as I hope it doesn't take away from the experience it
currently offers.

/BA