1.2 Patch???

Michael Ressen netadmin at michiganburbs.com
Fri Sep 24 12:21:20 EDT 2004

Posted on EA's website:

Patch 1.2 Update
EA and DICE are heading into the home stretch and nearing Final Candidate
status on the 1.2 Update. Since we're moving towards release, we wanted to
take a few minutes to talk about a new feature we've been holding close to our
collective vests, and also give a short update on some 1.1 issues that the
community has been particularly vocal about.

First, the announcement: Battlefiled Vietnam 1.2 will include a brand new
Spectator mode. At any time during a play, a user can jump into spectator mode
by clicking the Spectator button on the Spawn Menu. The player can then choose
to roam around in free cam, follow any player's progress from follow-cam or
watch the action from pre-set spawn point cameras. Jumping back to a team is
then as easy as clicking the team's flag on the Spawn Menu. We hope that this
feature will be of great use in both casual play and clan matches.

Moving on, we'd like to talk a bit about the community bugs DICE is working to
address in 1.2.

Here is an excerpt from the 1.2 Readme noting several community issues DICE
has been working to address.
Tank splash damage against light and heavy vehicles now works.
Minimap sorting order altered so players are visible above the CP flags.
Performance problems resolved at the temple in HoChiMinh Trail and Cambodian
Incursion.
Repeating napalm sound bug has been resolved.
The bug with grenades that goes through bridges has been resolved.
Parachute not opening properly on first key press.
Missing icon flashes for radio commands resolved.
BALANCE/GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

Helicopter pads at main bases will not reload or repair helicopters occupied
by enemy players, even after the control point is taken by the enemy. Note
that this is determined by the team the player is on, not by the vehicle they
are in.
Mi8 hitpoints reduced from 125 to 100. Rocket reload time increased from 3 to
4.5 seconds.
Special thanks go out to all the players who noted these issues in the forums
at PlanetBattlefield. We appreciate how much you care about Battlefield
Vietnam. For more information on the 1.2 Update, see the August Newsletter
here.

Andy, can you comment on this, and whether we will get some binaries to test
BEFORE EA pushes this live???   ETA??

P.S...  Where's our mention in the special thanks??  =P

/BA
Michigan Burbs