[bf1942] Battlefront on Linux?

Christopher Kunz chrislist at de-punkt.de
Thu Sep 23 05:35:04 EDT 2004

Neal Clayton wrote:

> Yah so that means the statement that it was a new engine developed for
> this game (rofl) is a flat out lie.  GJ, that's a way to impress your
> potential customers and players, lie to them at every chance you get.

You need to get a clue before barking at other people. Licensing the
Gamespy protocol says nada about the engine you use or don't use. That's
a way to impress your potential customers and players, show incompetence
at every chance you get.

And BTW: The complete lack of copyright notices for a third party engine
shows pretty clearly that there are no third party rights on
Battlefront's engine. The only copyright and licensing notice in my
Battlefront manual regards the use of the GameSpy protocol.

However, I do agree that this is not the right list to discuss Battlefront.

--ck