[bf1942] amd athalon server

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Fri Nov 12 00:42:41 EST 2004

We run on a dual opteron system as well. Before we upgraded, we were
using an Athlon based system. Unfortunately, the server does seem to
crash on a fairly regular basis. I found it crashed less when using the
dynamic version rather than the static, if that's any help.

Also, the crash frequency seems to go up in direct proportion to the
number of players on the server. When we're full (40 players) it crashes
3 or 4 times a day. If we run a 32 player server, it hardly crashes at all.

You may find it crashes less frequently if you disable the bots..
Experiment and see.

James