[bf1942] running mod on dedicated Linux Server

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Wed May 26 13:22:09 EDT 2004

RE: [bf1942] running mod on dedicated Linux ServerYer that was just a paste error. Tried your exact line:
Without a file nothing is created, with a file it its not amended.
Here's the output from Filemon with a file:
18:07:30 BfVietnam.exe:3660 DIRECTORY D:\Games\Battlefield Vietnam\mods\BfVietnam\ SUCCESS FileBothDirectoryInformation: LevelCheck.con
18:07:30 BfVietnam.exe:3660 OPEN D:\Games\Battlefield Vietnam\mods\BfVietnam\LevelCheck.con SUCCESS Options: Open  Access: All
18:07:30 BfVietnam.exe:3660 DIRECTORY D:\Games\Battlefield Vietnam\mods\BfVietnam\ SUCCESS FileBothDirectoryInformation: LevelCheck.con
18:07:30 BfVietnam.exe:3660 QUERY INFORMATION D:\Games\Battlefield Vietnam\mods\BfVietnam\LevelCheck.con SUCCESS Length: 8933
18:07:30 BfVietnam.exe:3660 READ  D:\Games\Battlefield Vietnam\mods\BfVietnam\LevelCheck.con SUCCESS Offset: 0 Length: 65536
18:07:30 BfVietnam.exe:3660 CLOSE D:\Games\Battlefield Vietnam\mods\BfVietnam\LevelCheck.con SUCCESS

At no point does it try to write to the file.

When it doesnt exist u get:
18:10:44 BfVietnam.exe:2324 DIRECTORY D:\Games\Battlefield Vietnam\mods\BfVietnam\ NO SUCH FILE FileBothDirectoryInformation: LevelCheck.con

Again no attempt to create or write to the file.

BFV client version 1.01.

Totally get your point about the server version vs client. Thats a git that one :(
I think the way forward with this is to educate the mappers to ship a checksum
file with their maps. Could the checksum code be amended to look at per
map checksum files? If so I believe this would be the best way forward :)

    Steve / K