[bf1942] 1.01 Patch Released

Luca Fabbro luca.fabbro at procne.it
Mon May 24 04:20:43 EDT 2004

At 13.45 22/05/2004, you wrote:
>A clean install on the same box 1.0 ran on!
>
>[engbersen2 at hermes bfv]$ ./start.sh +statusMonitor 1
>./start.sh: using dynamically linked binary
>Segmentation fault
>
>:-)

First of all thank's for the patch DICE :)

I had the same problem. If you installed the server as a different user
than the one you're running the server check the permissions of files. I've
done some sym links and due to the permissions of the newly extracted files
I wasn't able to run the server ending up with a SIGSEV.

What I've  done is change the permissions of the files. Some of them have
600, some 640 and some 644.
I suggets that DICE set the file/dir permissions to 644 for example, in
this way installation will be cleaner, previous .run file had the right
privileges :)

Another thing that I suggest is to put again in the .run file the
bfpridemon source. As in the linux read me the +priorityDaemon 1 is
mentioned but it's impossible to find the demon in the install, for a
"noob" installer of BFV this could be a bit frustrating.