[bf1942] Verification required for whoccares at comcast.net, protected by 0Spam.com.

Neal Clayton xayd at vae-victus.org
Sat Mar 20 14:20:03 EST 2004

Well the obvious reason for not having majordomo is the fact that this
domain is running qmail and ezmlm works with qmail out of the box,
whereas majordomo still has security issues with its wrapper and is a
royal pain in the ass to get working with qmail.

And in this case, unless the person in question owns the comcast.net
domain, it is in fact some person who has decided to transfer his
individual spam problem to everyone who sends him an email rather than
dealing with the problem himself.  Either way, most other people have
figured out by now that they can make a yahoo address to use for a
spam-dump and use their real email address for real email.  If some
can't grasp that concept, then they can deal with the spam, there's no
way I'm gonna go through their retarded filter myself to accomodate them
and their spam problem, though.

" The simple fact of the matter is that people use this stuff for spam
protection and there is nothing anyone can do about that. "

And with that in mind I would suggest a hybrid of 2 and 3.  Put a big
warning in the welcome email that users of any email-verification
antispam service will be removed from the list ;).