[bf1942] suspected bad problem that might need testing

Kingsley Foreman kingsley at internode.com.au
Thu Mar 11 00:40:32 EST 2004

ok the port problem is wierd

server has 2 ips
xxx.xxx.xxx.145
xxx.xxx.xxx.170

if i use game.serverIP xxx.xxx.xxx.170

netstat looks like this
udp        0      0 xxx.xxx.xxx.170:15567
udp        0      0 *:15723                 *:*

ASE isn't binding to the ip address and gamespy isn't showing up (using qstat you can not query it)

if I use game.serverIP 0.0.0.0

netstat looks like
udp        0      0 *:15567                 *:*
udp        0      0 *:15690                 *:*
udp        0      0 *:23000                 *:*

Gamespy now shows up and you can query both ASE and gamespy with qstat

and console still won't work
it opens the port but then bfv_linded freezes

i have tried
serversettings.com
adminsettings.com
admin.com