[bf1942] bfv server le duexieme essai

Peter Chang peter.chang at dicecanada.com
Wed Mar 10 12:23:42 EST 2004

> From: Andrew A. Chen [mailto:achen-bf1942 at divo.net]
> Subject: RE: [bf1942] bfv server le duexieme essai
>

> Yeah, there's no home directory and no password file.  It's
> running in a
> chroot due to necessary library frobbing.

hmmm... i would have thought that the chroot 'magic' would have taken care
of this.

> Even after adding the appropriate /etc/passwd file under the
> chroot and
> creating the home directory, it's still exploding at the same place.
> What's it trying to do with the home directory, anyway?

my 'porting' process went in two phases, implement all of the interfaces as
if i were a win32 box and then gank all win32-isms taht didn't match. what
you're seeing is a remnant of phase 1 that i forgot about until i leapt up
and grabbed me by the nuts. i ganked this and will put up a new version (it
won't have the irritating message that you don't see that you can't run)

\p