{VxV} News

Ian Merwin ian at liontrax.com
Wed Jun 30 01:59:31 EDT 2004

SORRY FOR THE NOVEL..... BUT please read it all -- it's important!

We are now 1/1 and are holding position 20 on the TWL ladder.  To those
that participated in the last match... you can still hold your head
high.  Here is the full story of what went down.  Please pass the info
on to those that may not know (that aren't on the email list eg.
Rumple/? anyone else?).  We very well might have been 2/0 if we would
have played the OT rounds with the first clan that challenged us like we
were suppose to!  OK heres the story:

After the first map (El Al.) we were tied of course 0/0... during that
intermission a player from another clan came in and said they have been
monitoring this other clan (in fact were high up in the other clan b4
leaving them) and said they were  99.9% sure that they were smurfing
(smurfing=substituting better player from another team). And that we
were just to continue the match... and not register a loss but contest
the match and have the TWL Ladder admin look at the logs from BFSecure.
I took alot of **** / heat for this -- alot of smack talk and junk was
thrown around against us.  Well the TWL counsel of admins said there was
sufficient evidence of Hanky-panky... so much that the player involved
[MHO] Jarvis (who is the CLAN LEADER for MHO and played for a lesser
player [MHO] -=Erik=-) was BANNED from TWL and that whole team ([MHO]
Echo) was kicked from the ladder for good Jarvis will not play for [MHO]
bravo either.  Now this is the same Jarvis who is the
server/owner/admin/clan leader/computer guru whos server we were playing
on... which explains the other *funny* stuff we all witnessed.  Complete
disregard for the rules.

MHO has further spread lies on the TWL forum saying they "quit" because
they were accused of hacking by us.... (no one accused them of that --
interesting?) and they were so moraly superior that they are leaving.  I
have emailed the Ladder admin to address this and put the truth on the
boards!  I really hope people are smarter than that.... that they will
be able to read between the lines.... they quit because we accused....
LOL....???

Anyway, hold your heads high.. I have mixed emotions about the whole
deal.  Personaly i think it bites to take a win in this manner.  But I
think it bites worse to lose to rule-breaking-who-knows-whats (don't
want to accuse of hacking... but u know)!  and it feels good to have a
team like that purged... and it sends a message hopefully to those who
may consider it in the future.

For us it means this:
1) We carry on... don't be discouraged!
2) We need to practice hard as a team - I'm suggesting play as much as
you like when you can but don't let it interfere with real life!  - AND-
once a week we will hold practices for like 2-3 hours -- that you will
HAVE to attend to be eligible for match play.  Sorry to be so harsh....
but if we want to gain any ground thats the deal.
3) We have to be sure to dot our "i's" and cross our "t's".
   A)  We have to be extra sure/careful with our PBGUID.  Make sure its
in.  Make sure its correct.
   B)  We ALL have to figure out BFSecure Client - it saved our butts
this time... it will save our butts again! Very few clans will let you
go with out it... and those that do probably have somen to hide!  so
100% of us have to figure it out... you won't be able to play matches
without it!
   C) Refresh yourselves with the rules... everyone should be aware and
knowledgeeable of the TWL/Ladder rules that we are participating in.
4) I'm not going to attack for a while.  I want to try to hold our rung
for a while... just defend against attackers... and mature as a team.
We seriously need some gelling time together.
5) Build some continuity and consistancy as a clan.
6) ABOVE ALL ELSE -- DONT STOOP TO THE LEVELS THAT OTHERS HAVE.  PLEASE
KEEP OUR TAG {VxV} AS A CLAN OF HONOR!  DONT GET CAUGHT TALKING TRASH...
CUSSING... FLAMING.... NAME CALLING.... ETC. ON THE BOARDS OR ON BF1942
SERVERS.  I WANT TO BE ALWAYS REGUARDED AS A NO-NONSENSE HONORABLE CLAN.
ITS HARD AT TIMES - NOT TO JUST FRAG THE GUY WHO JUST KILLED YOU FOR A
PLANE OR CALL HIM A ****** *******.  TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.  DONT EVEN
THINK ABOUT EXPLOITS, CHEATS, TK'N ON PUB SERVERS, OR ANYTHING THAT WILL
BRING THE OTHER PLAYERS DOWN TOO.  IT REFLECTS ON ALL OF US.  Now - i
say this because a recent recruit who is not on this email list was
bragging about all the map exploits he knew.... I don't want that crap
anywhere near us!  We are a team.... and if one member screws up.... it
could take us all down!

I've got alot going this week and am taking a small break so Darlene
doesn't divoce me =)  But you guys can gell as a team with out me...
right?  Hook up together on TS and just have fun together...

I will be checking in... but you can always email me I check it
regularly... I think i will be on Thursday night!

Till then,

GOOD JOB SOLDIER!

Ian (J.Freak)