OT: please have a look at this, DICE Canada, resp. ANDY (or: Is this list still active?)

Martin Steiger martin at steigi.com
Thu Jun 17 18:08:46 EDT 2004

Hi all

> No messages is probably a good thing. It means everyone's servers are
> working the way they should be. :)

To get back to this: No, no new messages doesn't mean that the servers are
working the way they should be. If you follow the forums, there are still
BIG issues that haven't even been mentioned yet and some, that most of us
just abandoned to mention them again...

Some examples?
- Kill-Camera (not even a word on it)
- Reserved Slots (the same)
- Punkbuster kicks (Original tone: It's not our problem)
- Gamespy Problems (Again: Not our problem)
- XML-Logging
    don't know about the linux server, since I stopped working with it
    (guess why), but windows is for sure not logging the way it was promised
with
    the last update
- Voting (Did I miss something?)

Andy, I know you don't like the forums and I somehow can understand why.
Still, the forums really ARE the place, where you actually see the problems
the admins have (I think I mentioned this already once... :)

Face the fact that these forums ARE a mirror of the admins opinion...

As said, I think I know you're feelings about the forums but let me make a
proposal: At the lightcubed-forums, there are many experienced admins which
try to answer most of the questions.

However, how about making a separate forum, where only moderators or DICE
employees can post? If the (very experienced) admins at lightcubed.com can't
solve a problem, they move it to the "DICE Only"-Area and you would only
have to look at these posts.

I don't think Steve would mind about changing the forums like this and you
still would have an easy way to follow the "important posts" on these
forums...

This list is nice and I receive many, many inputs on it that I don't get on
the forums (i.e. Zabbix), but let's face it: the BF-related questions are
usually not answered here...

Regards,

Martin