AW: [bf1942] 50 player BFV Servers

Jon Wolberg jon at ecgnetwork.com
Fri Jun 4 17:05:03 EDT 2004

Okay...

Did some further testing.

Our 64  man BF1942 server and 42 man BFV server are on identical hardware.

When full @ 64 players our BF1942 server takes up 75-80% CPU

When full @ 42 players our BFV server takes up 75-80% CPU

The specs are P4 2.8ghzE, 1GB DDR400, 80GB Sata HDD.

I'm going to upgrade the BFV server to a P4 3.2 and see how it performs @ 50
players.  Kind of sad that its a newer engine and performs worse
server-side.

I'll let you know what I find.

Jon Wolberg
Tech Support Manager