[bf1942] Linux server FPS issue?

SidBo sidbo at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jul 30 03:48:25 EDT 2004

Eh?

The server fps that shows in the console displays at (normally) 60/60 and
during busy periods the first figure will drop to around 25 deoending on the
server etc... But this latest version is showing up as 33/60 with no players
on, and that's on a P3 1G and a P4 2.6G server.

I have run up another instance on another opteron server, that does show
59/60 on the enpty server... So I'm now wondering if it's some kind of
kernel/library specific thing?

Note, that the 42 version on the same hardware idles at 60/60 as I have come
to expect.