OT: Instancing possible in future bfv patch?

Joe sechon at blackmud.com
Mon Jul 26 14:57:32 EDT 2004

I was just reading some articles on instancing and it's use in farcry - The
catalyst 4.8's are due to support instancing for any dx9b game, and
supposidly it's not a lot of work to add to existing dx9 games..Just curious
if anyone has anything to say on if we'll see that before maybe bf2? See:
http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?threadid=51500&s= if you don't
understand what I'm talking about. Not to beat around the dead horse, but
vietnam is really a system hog..Anything to lighten it up would be much
welcomed I'm sure.
/joe