[bf1942] sortof OT: Grey rectangle in client

Lee Latham leeprivate at cgmlarson.com
Mon Jan 5 14:36:33 EST 2004

Actually I seem to have fixed it, and Miguel was correct (at least for my
case) that it was something in one of the Settings file.

I saved off my /mods/bf1942/Settings directory, then did a clean install of
the game and DC .6, and there was no rectangle.  I copied my Settings
directory back and the gray rectange came back.

Put the new Settings back and reconfigured my stuff and it is fine now.  I
plan on doing some diffs between the various files to find the culprit
setting when I have a chance.

Thanks for the input, and particularly Miguel for pointing me in the right
direction.

Lee

At 12:38 PM 1/3/2004 +1300, you wrote:
>There is a way to get rid of the grey rectangle if it appears on your
>screen... assuming you are connected via a router to the internet very
>briefly remove and reinsert the UTP cable, breaking your net connection. The
>break won't be long enough to drop you from the server but it does get rid
>of the grey rectangle, suggesting that the "connection problems" box has got
>something to do with it.
>
>-Lance

Lee M. Latham
Vice Field Marshall Admiral Imperator Generalissimo of Sales and Support
(muy importante)
+1 (713) 977-4177 x.103
lee at cgmlarson.com