[bf1942] sortof OT: Grey rectangle in client

Lee Latham leeprivate at cgmlarson.com
Fri Jan 2 13:35:51 EST 2004

well, i know that with dc .5 i had no problem, immediately after installing
.6 i did, and that uninstalling .6 didn't fix it--in fact, bf would run at
all after uninstalling .6

it could be a problem with the uninstaller..

lee
At 03:15 PM 1/2/2004 -0300, you wrote:
>Well guys, I dont know why you are so concerned about DC instalation.
>DC is just files inside de directory Mods/DesertCombat and nothing more.
>
>There is no DLL, registry entry or whatever, the installer just copy some
>files to the directory. Mods/DesertCombat.
>
>The gray rettangle is in the same place where some messages appears:
>"Warning! Connection problem!"
>
>And others, and the circuntances that  make it apear i don´t know.
>For me it happens, but is not that often!
>
>Miguel
>

>Lee Latham wrote:
>>It's okay it appears to be quite rare, really, but very stubborn, too.
>>I have learned something--after uninstalling the DC .5 -> .6 patch, I
>>still have it when I start a local server.  Ergo, something has gotten
>>poisoned for sure (or the .6 uninstall is not complete).  Therefore I
>>will start a new BF install from scratch, install DC .5, backup
>>everything as per Miguel's suggestion, then install the .6 patch while
>>running the file access and registry monitoring utilities from
>>sysinternals.com.  After that...hack away and see if I can find the culprit.
>>I just didn't have the energy to try it last night, still being hungover
>>from the night before...don't remember much about it but I'm sure I had a
>>great time...
>>lee

Lee M. Latham
Vice Field Marshall Admiral Imperator Generalissimo of Sales and Support
(muy importante)
+1 (713) 977-4177 x.103
lee at cgmlarson.com