[bf1942] BF: Vietnam - BFCC to be bundled with it (OT)

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 16:10:35 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Latham" <leeprivate at cgmlarson.com>

> But this applies to server adminstration tools, too.  If they have any
> sense, they DO have a responsibility to provide quality tools, or server
> admins simply won't bother with their game, which will create server
> paucity which will alienate end-users.  We are doing them a big
> favor!  Hell, I pay a hundred bucks a month to have  my own personal
> server, but that also gives a couple hundred some-odd players a place to
> play, too.

And the admin tools that are available for all the other games, hmm
let me think. The only engine that has a decent admin tool out the box
is the unreal engine and its webadmin. All others have been done by
third parties and that includes the ones for the biggy's like quake and
half life. If I where given the choice of a more polished game with
a few more features or a nice swanky admin interface I know
which one I'd choose.

Im not saying its not nice to have a fully functional, easy to use admin
interface built in but they did provide a working rcon which people can
and have built from so all in all its a mute point.

    Steve / K