[bf1942] Punk Buster/Linux

InCisT InCisT at Popsikle.net
Wed Feb 25 10:54:50 EST 2004

Brigham Stevens wrote:

> Seems to me many people here and in forums ve been blaming PunkBuster
> for shedding players because perhaps their pb client did not auto
> update. My server has the symptoms sometimes, players complaining
> about getting dropped, and sometimes many players. Every once in a
> while the server sheds most or all of the players, but the game goes
> on, when you rejoin the same game is in progress.
>
> However, I never see any messages about pb violations or timeouts when
> this happens. In fact, I Never see anything from PB after the
> connection msgs ever.
>
> It started happening to me so I went to evenbalance.com and manually
> updated my pb client, and then it seemed better.
>
> Has anyone else noticed if Punk Buster is auto updating the linux server?
> Should we be manually updating it?
> Is there a way to check the PB version? I dug around in the pb
> directory and nothing there really seemed to indicate a plain version
> number.

It is updating the server, The clients are not updating when they join a
server with a new version. It happens all the time on the servers I run.
When you join the server it tells you what version the server is
running, and what version the client is running.  My problem with
punkbuster is you cant immediatley unban someone from the pb lists. It
takes like 24 hours to process, and thats retarded.

InCisT