[bf1942] XML Logging event request.
thiessen at alum.mit.edu
Wed Feb 18 18:37:54 EST 2004
In the same spirit, here's a list of the bugs/oddities/annoyances I've
found in the (BF1942 v1.6) XML logs so far. . .
BUGS IN XML LOGS:
1. Radio messages (e.g. F1-F1 = "Roger") are sometimes
shown as coming from the wrong player_id.
2. In Objective Mode games, scoreEvents for achieving an objective,
or TKing an objective, are *not* generated. They *do* show up
in the bf:roundstats structure at the end of the log, but unlike
other scoring events, there is no scoreEvent associated with them
in the log file. Pretty sure this is a bug. Similarly, I
haven't been able to find any scoreEvents to correspond to the
"Captures", or "Defences" (sic) parameters in bf:roundstats.
3. There are two forms of destroyVehicle event; one happens when
a vehicle is destroyed normally, and the second, missing some
of the normal parameters, occurs only when a player is
automatically killed or kicked for team killing (I think this
is due to BFSM sending a console command to BF1942). This
doesn't seem harmful (it's easy for parsers to ignore, since the
data the short-form destroyVehicle contains is redundant), but
it is likely a bug.
DESIRABLE FEATURES THAT ARE MISSING FROM XML LOGS:
1. There is no event when game is paused or unpaused--yet that
*is* important information to have.
2. Administrator messages (e.g. game.sayall) are not logged; it
sure would be nice if they were.
3. Player IP addresses are not logged.
4. There is no logging of vote activities, such as map changes
or votes to kick players. I've found these votes, while
useful, can also be abused, but since they're not logged,
you can't track down what's going on.
5. Log file time and date information isn't recorded in the
log file anywhere-you can only get it from the *name*
of the file itself. This isn't a bug, but it would be handy
to have the data self-contained within the log.
6. When a game ends, there isn't any indication of why it ended-
was the time limit reached? Score limit? Manual map change?
Map vote? The reason for the game ending ought to be logged.
7. If a player doing a heal or repair is killed while the heal
or repair is in progress, there is no endRepair or endMedpack
event. [Thanks to InCisT for pointing this one out]. Yes, you
can infer the appropriate end event from other events in the
stream, but to me that's a workaround.
thiessen at cyberscapearena.com
From: InCisT [mailto:InCisT at Popsikle.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 3:07 PM
To: bf1942 at icculus.org
Subject: [bf1942] XML Logging event request.
Woudl it be possible to generate an "endRepair" if you die while
repairing? An example of the end repair is below.
<bf:event name="endRepair" timestamp="1395.34">
<bf:param type="int" name="player_id">11</bf:param>
<bf:param type="int" name="repair_status">687</bf:param>
More information about the Bf1942