linux v1.6 crashes with map on unsupported mode

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 21:38:38 EST 2004

Its a bit picky I know but its just taken me 3 hours to find
why a customers server was crashing on startup the first
time then would work for a while and then crash again.
Turns out they had the map list:
*game.addLevel omaha_beach GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel bocage GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel battle_of_britain GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel battleaxe GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel berlin GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel el_alamein GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel gazala GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel guadalcanal GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel iwo_jima GPM_CTF bf1942
*game.addLevel market_garden GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel midway GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel stalingrad GPM_CTF bf1942
*game.addLevel tobruk GPM_CTF bf1942
game.addLevel wake GPM_CTF bf1942
*game.setCurrentLevel omaha_beach GPM_CTF bf1942

The maps omaha_beach, market_garden and tobruk
all crash on init with CTF. I know they don't support the
mode but would be nice if there was just an error message
and then move onto the next map or even error message
then quit.

The bit that got me was the server get initialised enough to
set the next map in maplist.con so it appeared to crash
on start randomly :(

    Steve / K