[bf1942] Server Utilization

Roland Kool roland at cyso.nl
Mon Feb 16 06:47:29 EST 2004

Well, normally I dont care much if the server is taking up CPU when
idle.
Sure it's normal. But when the idle servers is using 10-20% of a 2.4GHz
Xeon processor, something's wrong. Perhaps this extra 10% is added on
top
of the utilization when it has all slots occupied. I don't know if it
is.
Changes in server behaviour with each version makes it hard to make good
server planning and determining good prices for the customers.

Roland