[bf1942] Listen on all interfaces or something?

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Feb 4 21:02:16 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 16:14, PhoeniX wrote:
> For a lan game, you must set the IP to 0!
> Only set the IP for Internet-Servers.

I'm still having a hell of a time with this.  I keep trying various
combos of different settings, trying to set the IP to 0 and to 0.0.0.0
to see if anything would make a difference.

I took the config file out of the quick HowTo and modified it to be sure
it wasn't my own config file causing errors.  Any thoughts?

Running with this exact configuration, an nmap from a box sitting across
the room reports this:

Interesting ports on dell (192.168.1.15):
(The 65533 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
631/tcp  open  ipp
1131/tcp open  unknown

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 4.078 seconds

I'm stumped.

game.serverName "Server Name Here"
game.serverDedicated 1   <~~Also tried this at 0
game.serverGameTime 35
game.serverMaxPlayers 16
game.serverScoreLimit 0
game.serverInternet 0	<~~Also tried this at 1
game.serverNumberOfRounds 1
game.serverSpawnTime 10
game.serverSpawnDelay 10
game.serverGameStartDelay 20
game.serverGameRoundStartDelay 20
game.serverSoldierFriendlyFire 100
game.serverVehicleFriendlyFire 100
game.serverTicketRatio 150
game.serverAlliedTeamRatio 1
game.serverAxisTeamRatio 1
game.serverCoopAiSkill 75
game.serverCoopCpu 20
game.serverPassword ""
game.serverReservedPassword ""
game.serverNumReservedSlots 0
game.serverBandwidthChokeLimit 30
game.serverMaxAllowedConnectionType CTLanT1
game.serverAllowNoseCam 1
game.serverFreeCamera 0
game.serverExternalViews 1
game.serverAutoBalanceTeams 0
game.serverNameTagDistance 50
game.serverNameTagDistanceScope 300
game.serverKickBack 0.000000
game.serverKickBackOnSplash 0.000000
game.serverSoldierFriendlyFireOnSplash 100
game.serverVehicleFriendlyFireOnSplash 100
game.serverIP 0		<~~Also tried this at 0.0.0.0
game.serverPort 14567
game.gameSpyLANPort 1	<~~Also tried this at 0 and 12356
game.gameSpyPort 0
game.ASEPort 0
game.serverHitIndication 1
game.serverTKPunishMode 0