[bf1942] Server Utilization

Roland Kool roland at cyso.nl
Tue Feb 3 05:41:38 EST 2004

List,

"glad" to see I'm not the only one. I can report that 1.6rc2 doesn't fix
it for me.
I also had no problem with the 1.5 patch (and as I recall any previous
version). My CPU utilization stats look similar to the ones from Casey.
Hyperthreading doesn't seem to make a difference. Machines with HT
enabled or disabled show the same behaviour.
I hope a solution can be found as I agree to previous posters that this
is a pretty serious problem. I'm happy to work with you and test various
things which may produce a solution.
Just to be sure: the high utilization is visible in TOP. When you look
at the statusmonitor, the reported CPU is really low, like 1-4%.

Regards,

Roland Kool
thegamezone.nl