[bf1942] Server Utilization

Paul Richards noxis at clara.net
Mon Feb 2 10:03:22 EST 2004

Andreas,

Any idea on this SMP problem? As I am pretty sure the previous version didnt
have this, I am running Gentoo with a SMP kernel and i just started up 1.6
for the first time, empty server and its idling at 20 - 39%. Is it going to
be a possiblity to try to quickly patch this ?

This is almost un-usable, all my unix/linux machines are SMP boxes does the
CPU usuage scale when players join? or does it sit the same? If thats true
then its no biggy and almost a help or does this mean that a full 24 player
is going to be using like 90% cpu? If so this is a big step back in the
linux server port :/

Cheers

Paul