[bf1942] BF2 + Logging in?

Cameron cameron at aberdeenlanparty.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 12:29:46 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Ressen" <netadmin at michiganburbs.com>
To: <bf1942 at icculus.org>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 7:18 AM
Subject: Re: [bf1942] BF2 + Logging in?

> kama wrote:

> >>" In order to play Battlefield 2 (or any multiplayer EA game nowadays)
> >>players will have to log in through EA's multiplayer service. The good
> >>thing about this is that it will track everything you could possibly
> >>want to know about multiplayer. "
> >>
> >>I appreciate it might be a bit early to talk about this, but if anyone
> >>from Dice can expound on how (if at all) this might affect dedicated
> >>servers, that'd be great.
> >>
> >>Will people still be able to join with third party clients like ASE,
> >>etc?
> >>

> >This smells like something towards steam to me...
> >
> >/Bjorn
> >

> damn I hope not.
>
> Steam is banned from my servers.   It's a trojan.  I don't want to have
> to ban BF:2 also.
>
> /BA

Yep Steam totaly buggered up out lan when it came to playing HL2 deathmatch
and CS I could play CS but for some reason I couldnt play hl2 and hl2 DM,
thinking on banning it from my lan parties in future. Im glad to see Dice
has taken a resonable stance on the matter :) looks like we will be playing
BF2 at my lans :)

---