[bf1942] Linux patch ETA

Rick Thompson rick at fortweb.com
Mon Dec 6 18:17:12 EST 2004

That is not at issue here. Regardless of how long it took to hack the code
out it should have been finished and released concurrently with the win32
version.

Everybody screws up occasionally, I can accept and understand that. What I
can't understand is why the hell we don't have a patch now, at least five
days after the original blunder was discovered.

We lost two servers today and I'd be surprised if we didn't lose more, that
I understand very well.

There has been a shift somewhere in EA because they have never been this
blatantly indifferent to their userbase before, at least not since we
started hosting BF. I don't like the signals I am seeing about BF2 nix
support either, between that and this current patch fiasco I now have zero
confidence in anything they say.

Is anyone hosting Call of Duty? What's the cpu time like and are there any
server manager apps for it?

Rick