[bf1942] Linux patch ETA

Brigham Stevens brs at vikingmind.com
Fri Dec 3 22:47:59 EST 2004

Weird, tonight my server decided to go on a segfault rampage, and it is
basically down...
It dies with a segfault and won't start up.

To see if it was a corruption problem, I reinstalled fresh bf1942 1.6,
fresh DC7 and fresh DC_final. Same problem as before.

When I type ulimit, it says unlimited.... Is there something useful I
could do to give info about this segfault ? I don't know where the core
file would be if there is one.

The server seems to have plenty of disk space free.

Thanks for any help! This if the first time in over 18 months that the
server has been down due to something weird like this.. Every other time
it was just network outage, etc.

--brigham