[bf1942] [OT] DC F16 problem.

Shockwave shockwave at clan-tf20.com
Tue Aug 31 14:17:32 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 13:51, James Gurney wrote:
> This can probably be fixed by server-side modding the map. We did this
> to solve the exploding A-10 on Oil fields. If you don't have the tools
> to do this, I'll talk to our resident map modder and see if he can go
> through and lift the F-16s up a little bit (which I think is the cause
> of the problem - the wheel appears to spawn slightly below the ground
> right now).
>
> James

Thanks very much for your reply.  That would certainly be appreciated!
I would hate to impose on your friend like that and would gladly do the
necessary work if someone could point me in the right direction.  I have
played around with modding other games but not DC and the prospect of
learning how sounds cool.

As far as a system level solution, I have written to a couple of Fedora
Core mailing lists and have already tried a number of things that have
had no effect.  I've tried modifying LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to changing kernel
boot parameters in order to disable virtual dynamic shared objects so I
could run the server against a FC1 glibc tree. Nothing has worked so
far.  One of the people who replied also mentioned something about the
FPU being handled differently in the 2.6 kernel, although I'm not sure
what can be done about it.

If I find something, I'll be sure to post it.  In the meantime, if your
friend has any links to documentation I'd be happy to hit the books and
see if I can do some damage.  ;)

Thanks again!

--

|TF20|Shockwave