[bf1942] Official WW2 mod for BFV, server files?

Scott DeLeury Sjdel at nycap.rr.com
Sat Aug 21 16:32:14 EDT 2004

Yes, BF1942 could stand another patch.  I agree with that.  The thing you're
not taking into account is that a whole different segment of DICE created
BF:Vietnam.  So the time they put into creating the WWII mod wasn't time
away from patching 1.6.  DICE Canada had nothing (or very little) to do with
BF1942, so you're barking up the wrong tree there.

I also don't think that everyone that purchased BFV has BF1942.  While it
would have been nice to get a larger set of maps with the new mod, since
there is no map download facility built in to either engine, it gives those
who haven't had a chance to play BF1942 just a little more opportunity to
have some fun.

Sure, as I said, I'd love to see a BF1942 patch, as the client JUST came out
for my Platform of choice, the Mac. I love both games, and will still buy
BF2 when it comes out, Hopefully for both Platforms (Which means I'll end up
buying 2 copies, just as I did with BF1942...), but as Andreas said a bit
ago, time on a BF1942 server patch or something is time away from BF2.