[bf1942] PB Screenshots, anyone ever seen one?

Andreas Fredriksson andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Wed Aug 4 02:38:54 EDT 2004

When I did the integration I specifically tested this on Linux too, and
it was working fine in november 2003 (before 1.6 shipped). Of course
something might have happened along the line.

In any case it's worth filing a bug report to Evenbalance since this
problem is most likely in their code.

// Andreas

I've never seen one, on either BF:V or BF'42, running either Debian
Woody (2.4.22 kernel) or FreeBSD 4.10 with linux_base-8 (red hat 8).

On a windows machine, with the 1.02 patch of BF:V at least, I'd get
about 1 in 5 screenshots, and a pretty consistant influx of the html
files that reference them giving a message about the ones that failed.
On either Linux or FreeBSD, however, I have literally never seen one
single file show up in the pbss directory on the server, for either '42
or Vietnam, even after leaving auto_ss enabled in the punkbuster config
for a few weeks at a time to test it out.

Permissions issue?  Must the path to where they go be specified I've
never seen one, on either BF:V or BF'42, running either Debian Woody
(2.4.22 kernel) or FreeBSD 4.10 with linux_base-8 (red hat 8).

On a windows machine, with the 1.02 patch of BF:V at least, I'd get
about 1 in 5 screenshots, and a pretty consistant influx of the html
files that reference them giving a message about the ones that failed.
On either Linux or FreeBSD, however, I have literally never seen one
single file show up in the pbss directory on the server, for either '42
or Vietnam, even after leaving auto_ss enabled in the punkbuster config
for a few weeks at a time to test it out.

Permissions issue?  Must the path to where they go be specified
somewhere maybe?
Or just plain doesn't work except for Windows servers?