[bf1942] DC 0.4 Instability?

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Tue Sep 23 19:37:35 EDT 2003

My DC server has been crashing on a daily basis since it's been running,
regardless of version. It seems to crash more when the server is full.
Perhaps your servers have been getting busier lately?

Since 1.45 and 0.40 though, I've actually had less crashes. Now it's an
average of about once or twice a day, where before it was more like 4 or
5. I'm not sure this is DC specific either.. It would be interesting to
know if anyone runs a plain BF server and runs into the same frequency
of crashes.

Oh, one other thing.. I did note that Inshallah Valley was causing a lot
of crashes (of the type where no core file was even dumped). Since
dropping it from rotation, the crashing has gone down significantly.

James