[bf1942] AMD FPO

Troy Chinnery t_chinnery at iprimus.com.au
Sun Sep 21 00:21:10 EDT 2003

Jon, I'm pretty sure than an SSE2 optimised build running on a P4 would easily
beat an SSE optimised build running on an Athlon-XP. Needless to say however,
I doubt very much they will release several different builds. I think the best
we could hope for would be maybe an i686 build in addition to the standard
i386 build. (Maybe a build for SMP too? How many threads does the server
actually have? Only 1?)

Though I do agree heartily that it would be nice to have an Athlon-XP build as
well as a P4 build. This probably wouldn't annoy anyone because 99% of people
wouldn't run this kind of server on a lesser CPU. But there are many
variations of these chips also.

Troy.