AW: [bf1942] DC 0.4 Instability?

Martin Steiger martin at steigi.com
Wed Sep 17 15:28:55 EDT 2003

Again: same here...

Box: P4 2GHz, 512 MB RAM, running RedHat 7.2 (static binary)

I installed DC 0.40 on September 15th, had two crashes:
21:08, map dc_basrahs_edge, players 28 (28)
22:15, map el_alamein, players 28 (28)

After that, basrahs edge and el alamein were played again with full server,
nothing happened.

I changed the player limit back to 24 (it was lagging with 28), server ran
fine until September 17th:
03:25, map omaha_beach, players 24 (24)

So far it seems, it's not depending on map but the crashes always happened
when the server was full. I still have the core-files if Andreas would be
interested in them.

Martin

PS: Yes, I would like to change the server to pure BF1942 to check if it
would still happen, but I think my users would kill me... :)