[bf1942] BF1942 v1.45 Retail Patch Available

Lee Latham leeprivate at cgmlarson.com
Tue Sep 2 14:20:04 EDT 2003

i don't think there's anything wrong with the occasional mention of a
relevant product or service on a list if the user contributes something
useful now and then.  After all, it is relevant.

So the fact that his prices are outrageous is really neither here nor there.

   At 01:12 AM 8/31/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, KGSsupport wrote:
>
> > Obviously I'm on this list and I've seen the post that Andreas sent for
> > the 1.45 dedicated server, but I saw nothing about the 1.45 client that
> > was released yesterday by EA.
> >
> > My post stated it was for the 1.45 client, not server, and I did NOT
> > advertise my
> > services nor did I believe I was "spamming" the mailing list by posting
> > something I had not previously seen.
>
>Spam in the sense of, From: <this site>, read about it <at this site>, get
>it <at this site> (rather than EA), signed <this site>. Your other posts
>dont have such extensive spam in the sigs. :) You would be hard pushed to
>see which servers a lot of the people on this list actually run whether
>they be huge national gaming servers, or on a local LAN. I think much of
>this list couldnt care less about advertising their services here since
>why would other server admins want to buy someone elses managed servers?
>Your post reaked of marketing :P
>
> > Seriously, the post was just an FYI pointing to a story about the client
> > patch. You guys are reacting as though I posted a full blown ad, which I
> > did nothing of the sort.
>
>heh
>
> > I apologize to the other list members for this apparent missunderstanding
> > by some users.
>
>thx
>
> > Again, if you want to flame me, send me an email and stop spamming the
> > list with hate mail.
>
>Not really a flame if in private email, just a nag ;-)
>
>john

Lee M. Latham
Vice Field Marshall Admiral Imperator Generalissimo of Sales and Support
(muy importante)
+1 (713) 977-4177 x.103
lee at cgmlarson.com