Work around for 1.5 under FreeBSD

Steven Hartland killing at barrysworld.com
Fri Oct 31 21:06:07 EST 2003

Looks likes somethings changed with the build environment
at Dice and as you may have seen from my earlier posts.
Running 1.5 under FreeBSD 5.1 with debian base no longer
works. There are two potential workarounds for this, that
I have found. Both using the "dynamic" exe NOT the "static"
exe:
1. Use Redhat 8 base
2. Update your debian base to use glibc 2.3.2

1. will most likely be the simplest for most people but we all
know how bloated redhat is so many will want to stick with
debian base which is possible if you know what your doing.

This will not be the solution for all as both have serious
compatibility issues with other games e.g. jk2 and natural
selection.

    Steve / K
Hopefully we can get a updated build which will once again
work using the static exe.

    Steve / K