[bf1942] Linux and SPARC

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Fri Oct 10 18:05:14 EDT 2003

Steven Hartland wrote:

> Do you guys run with bfsmd?
>
> We had regular crashes with it till we removed it. Seems like a problem
> with bf not bfsmd but removing it solved our crash issues.

Nope. No bfsmd here.. although I was thinking about trying it some time.
How many players does your server have? As I mentioned, the more players
you have, the more often it's going to crash, and also how full it is
over time has an effect too. My EoD server is very lightly used, and
rarely crashes. The DC server is full almost 24/7 (even at 5am there's
usually about 16-20 people on it - I have people who play there from
Australia with a 30 ping and the server is in Seattle!).

James